The CII Mysuru IT Conference is an annual event being organized by the CII IT/ITES Panel and this year the Annual IT Conference will be held virtually on 11th February 2021. The Conference will be a culmination of IT Panel’s activities, current affairs and developments in the IT sector during the year. This year, the Conference will have special attraction – a much-awaited Launch announcement of Cyber Security Center of Excellence (COE) at STPI in Mysore.
The theme for this year’s Conference will be “Impact of Cyber Security in the Post Pandemic Digital World”. The Theme has emerged from the uprising Cyber Security incidents in the world, especially since the Pandemic began, where a huge leap in the digital practices and modes of work emerged around the globe were exposed to many Cyber threats.
The Topics being addressed during the conference are:
- “Personal Data Protection Act of India (PDPA – 2020) & Cyber Security” – a law that tries to protect the human right of privacy with controls on the processing technology without adversely affecting the value of personal data to businesses as a productive asset.
- “Cloud Computing & Cyber Security in the Post Pandemic Era” – Post Covid, as organizations are rapidly adopting cloud delivery models, software-defined networking, IoT, analytics, blockchain and open APIs, they concurrently require a more systematic and proactive approach to addressing security threats and managing compliance requirements.
- “Opportunities and Benefits from Cyber Security COE to Mysuru Entrepreneurs and Enterprises”. This talk will address on subjects like; Protection for your business, Increased productivity, inspiring customer confidence, Protection for your customers, enhanced reliability and resilience for your websites and above all access to talent pool enabled on cybersecurity which is most valuable in the current times.
Key speakers confirmed to the conference are:
- Dr. Ashwath Narayan*, Hon’ble Minister for IT/BT, Science & Technology, Government of Karnataka – (invited and awaiting confirmation.)
- HH Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar, Maharaja of Mysore
- Dr. Omkar Rai, Director General, STPI
- Prof. S Sadagopan, Director, IIITB, Bangalore
- Mr. U B Praveen Rao, COO, Infosys Ltd
- Mr. Sanjeev K Gupta, MD & CEO – “LAHARI” AETF (Mysore ESDM Cluster)
- Mr. Rajshekhar P. Director – ISAC
- Mr Bikash Barai, Co-founder, Cigital and Co-founder, FireCompass (TEDx Speaker)
- Mr Sandip Kumar Panda, CEO, Instasafe